Tuesday, August 4, 2015
The 7 Deadly sins...
To most people, they are just bible mumbo-jumbo. But if you really read into them, you'll understand why our world is so fucked up almost beyond repairing.
Rated from the most destructive to the least.
1. Greed. This one has its own place in the list. Greed is by far the most destructive sin of them all. Over a billion people are starving every day and nobody gives a flying fuck. Resources are centred around the richest areas in the planet and the rest scrape by on our waste.
2. Pride. As Greed is the most destructive sin, Pride is the one enabling most of it. You are a proud citizen of your country. The "best" country in the world. Why should you give a F about other nationalities. They are "lesser" than you... right?
Wrong. We are all humans first. Education level should come second and anything even remotely nationalistic is destructive in itself.
3.Sloth. This is maybe surprising but its not actually. So many brilliant minds sitting at home jerking off, scrolling through the endless shit-posting instead of using their brains to do good. People aren't actually born lazy, they become that way by living in the current world.
4. Envy. Most hatred today is fuelled by Pride but also Envy. You don't like certain individuals because they are better than you. Even if you are the top 1% you are envious of your fellow 1%:er and this behaviour has passed down all the way to the bottom-feeders. Without Envy, there would be (almost) no reason to commit crime.
5. Gluttony. We horde everything. Most people that read this probably own more stuff than they will ever use. The resources used to make that junk could instead have been distributed elsewhere were it could have done something better.
6. Wrath. Most people may have expected wrath to be higher up, but wrath in it self doesn't do much harm. Combined with the other sins it could become much worse. Its kinda like a gun. Its only as dangerous as the person pulling the trigger.
7. Lust. This sin is the reason a lot of women and men are treated like meat. Rape and sexual objectification is a real problem. Most people may say "its my body I choose to do whatever I want with it." but Its actually powerful people that enable this kind of behaviour.
However as with Wrath, by itself it doesn't do much harm.
They may have been thought up and written down over 2000 years ago. But these sins are what is destroying our world. Wake up people It has been going on for centuries.