many people in America have this misplaced trust in the government. the media keeps them dumb and distracted with scripts reality shows, sports And other distraction. Pumped with the hype of the need to buy worthless things to be cool.
And during this whole time, The masses of Americans are being treated like animals before a slaughter. Is it any wonder Americans are the most over weight people on the planet. We are so happy in our slop we lost the focus of what the word being American means. Freedom.
So with that, I can only show you the way, you need to take the first step.
Don't _ask_ Congress for your Privacy, take it back:
* Internet Anonymization: [Tor](https://www.torproject.org/), [I2P](http://i2p2.de/)
* Disk Encryption: [TrueCrypt](http://www.truecrypt.org/), [File Vault](http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4790) (Mac).
* File/Email Encryption: [GPGTools](https://www.gpgtools.org/) + [GPGMail](https://www.gpgtools.org/gpgmail/index.html) (Mac), [Enigmail](http://www.enigmail.net/home/index.php)
* IM/Voice Encryption: [Jitsi](https://jitsi.org/)
* IM Encryption: [Pidgin](http://www.pidgin.im/) + [Pidgin OTR](http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/)
* SMS/Voice Encryption: [WhisperSystems](http://www.whispersystems.org/), [Silent Circle](https://silentcircle.com/) ($$$)
* Digital P2P Currency: [BitCoin](http://bitcoin.org/)
* Live Anonymous/Secure Linux: [TAILS Linux](https://tails.boum.org/)
you have any problems installing or using the above software, please
contact the projects. They would love to get feedback and help you use
Have no clue what Cryptography is or why you should care? Checkout the
[Crypto Party Handbook](http://weise7.org/tmp/cryptobook-v1.1.pdf)
or the [EFF's Surveillance Self-Defense Project](https://ssd.eff.org/).